We are looking to welcome volunteers to join MS-UK’s first volunteer fundraising group and to become MS-UK’s Community Champions in Essex!
As a Community Champion, you will be responsible for distributing and monitoring 5 collection pots in your local area, and maintaining relationships with venues that agree to hold our collection tins. We are seeking volunteers who are passionate about our work to support people affected by multiple sclerosis (MS), with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with the general public in a professional manner.
Our Community Champions will be a valuable asset to the charity operating in Colchester (our home town) and the surrounding areas.
Complete an application form on our website or call Lucy on 01206 226500 to find out more!
As a Community Champion, you can volunteer as much or little time as you like! We ask that you take a minimum of 5 collection tins to distribute in your local area, but if you feel that you have time to manage more collection tins then that would be fantastic!
You will be making a valuable contribution to MS-UK and helping to support anyone affected by multiple sclerosis...
Your responsibilities will be:
- Managing a minimum of 5 collection tins in your local area
- Seeking locations for potential venues to hold a money tins for MS-UK (shops / pubs / local businesses)
- Building and maintaining relationships with these venues
- Changing the collection pots every 2 months
- Ensuring that each venue has signed the relevant permission forms
- Counting and paying in funds from collection pots to MS-UK
- Thanking venues accordingly and presenting with certificates
In return we will support you every step of the way to have an amazing volunteering experience. You'll get a full induction, support and training, regular e-newsletters from MS-UK and we will reimburse agreed out-of-pocket expenses.