If you didn’t attend the Virgin Money London Marathon ‘Meet the Experts’ event, our Events Fundraiser Jenny Poulter reveals you what you missed
On Saturday, Lucy and I went down to the Meet the Experts event organised by the Virgin Money London Marathon events team.
The day was broken into two-time slots with sessions in the morning and afternoon covering training, nutrition, fundraising and more. There was then a chance to visit the charities that had attended, have a sports massage, have your gait measured by New Balance and buy some new running gear! To see more on what was covered, visit www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/event-info/meet-experts/.
It was also a great way to meet some of our #TeamPurple runners and catch up with you about your preparations for the big day.
Some of the points Lucy and I took from the talks were
The Virgin Money London Marathon is working really hard to become as sustainable as possible, and here are a few ways in which they are doing this.
- Running numbers will now be printed on collection at the Virgin Money London Marathon Running Show, rather than being pre-printed
- You will collect your post-race food at the Virgin Money London Marathon Running Show, rather than at the finish line of the race
- Bottles on the course are 100% recyclable
- There will be two stations of seaweed pods – Lucy and I tried one at the event and would recommend if you get the chance before the day to do the same to practice
- Aim high, set your target higher and you will find it easier to reach your minimum sponsorship amount
- It’s not just about reaching the minimum fundraising target, it's about challenging yourself to do amazing things
- Be inspired by others around you and be proud of what you are doing
- Get to know your charity so that you can confidently talk to people about the cause you are supporting
We’re hoping to get hold of the slides that were shown on the day to share with you all too. If you haven’t yet seen this video do take a look www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGBANm2xlhs – you will be part of this amazing event sharing its amazing milestone! It really will be one of the greatest days of your life!
Don’t forget we are on the end of the phone, so if you need any support from us just call us on 01206 226500.