Posted on: August 14 2017
Want something to do on the bank holiday weekend? Hold a garden party for MS-UK! So the August 28 bank holiday is coming up and we had a little brainstorm about how you, our lovely supporters, could use the break to have a little get together in your own back garden in aid of MS-UK! Below we’ve put together a checklist of what you’ll need to host a garden party for MS-UK to help you organise your very own!
- A garden - Very handy for a garden party! If you don’t have your own then you could see if a friend would be willing to host or if you could hold it in a public park?
- A theme – You could theme your garden party and have guests dress up. For example ‘British summer time’, where you could serve strawberries and cream and wear straw bowler hats. Don’t forget the Pimms!
- Invitations – Invite as many people as you like. A garden party is all about seeing old friends and introducing new ones
- Fundraising goodies – Some MS-UK tops, a collection tin, a few stickers and balloons all make for great decorations at your garden party and help people know what they are raising funds for
- Seating and tables – You could use some garden furniture or bring some indoor chairs outside. You could even lay out picnic blankets!
- Food – Always a winner at a garden party. You could have sandwiches, cakes and some fruit. If you wanted to go big you could also think BBQ!
- Drink – Tea and coffee are a classic garden party drink. Wine never goes unnoticed too…
- Entertainment – You could see if a friend would be willing to play some music for you, or if you wanted to go old school you could play a game of croquet!
- Donations – Asking for a donation for the garden party is the best way to raise funds but you could also ask for donations if you have some entertainment. Get some MS-UK collection tins to collect the funds!
- Sending thanks – sending out a thank you to everyone that attended is a great way to thank everyone for their contribution to MS-UK
We hope this will help if you want to plan a garden party! Let us know if you’re putting something together and we can send out the fundraising goodies and collection tins that you need to make it a fundraising success! You can get in touch with me at Nicholas@ms-uk.org or call on 01206 226500! Good luck...and I have my fingers crossed the weather holds! Nick Nick Adams Fundraising Assistant