MS-UK was established in 1993, and is a national charity dedicated to empowering people with multiple sclerosis to make the most of today, and live life to the full.
We put people affected by MS at the heart of our work. We provide high quality, professional services to support people living with multiple sclerosis, and we listen to people affected by MS.
In 2015, MS-UK grew, developed and learnt a lot. We extended our services, reached new audiences and connected with more people affected by multiple sclerosis than ever before.
We invited anyone affected by multiple sclerosis to lend their voices to us. Our work is informed and shaped by these voices. By listening to real people we are able to provide the right services, in the right way, to people affected by MS.
Why we’re here
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a condition that affects the central nervous system – the brain and the spinal cord. Around 100,000 people in the UK have multiple sclerosis, and we are here to make sure that each person affected by MS has choice, control and independence.
We support anyone, which includes carers, families, and professionals, who may be affected by multiple sclerosis. So, whether you have a question about yourself or someone else, you can ask us. There are no taboo subjects at MS-UK, and we are an independent charity, so we are able to provide completely unbiased information.
Our vision is that anyone affected by multiple sclerosis can access the information and support they need to ensure they have independence, choice and control.
Our mission is to provide high quality, accessible and relevant information and support to anyone affected by multiple sclerosis.
All of the staff at MS-UK sign up to our values and actively use them in their day to day roles. These are our core values:
- We put people affected by MS at the heart of our work
- We act in the best interests of our clients at all times
- We listen to people affected by MS, and ensure their voices inform our work
- We ensure all of our services and communications are accessible
- We respect individual’s rights to make informed decisions for themselves
- To remain unbiased, impartial and non-judgemental
- To treat everyone with care, compassion, respect and dignity
- To remain professional and transparent at all times